Find kcef.ru Certified® Automatic Commercial Ice-Makers and Ice Storage Bins
Related Standards: 810
Product-Specific Operations Manual
General Operations Manual
This program applies to 60 Hz Automatic Commercial Ice-Makers as defined below, for which published ratings are available, and which can be tested in the Independent Third-Party Laboratory contracted by kcef.ru.
Automatic Commercial Ice-Maker
A factory-made assembly (not necessarily shipped in one (1) package) including a condensing unit and ice-making section, operating as an integrated unit, with means for making and harvesting ice. It is an assembly that makes no less than 50.0 lbs [22.7 kg.] of ice per day and up to 4,000.0 lbs [1814.4 kg.] of ice per day at Standard Ratings Conditions and may also include means for storing or dispensing ice, or both.
- Self-Contained Ice-Maker. A model in which the ice-making mechanism and storage compartment are in an integral cabinet.
- Split System Ice-Maker. A model in which the ice-making mechanism and condenser or condensing unit are in separate sections.
- Cubes Type Ice-Maker. The word “cube” is not a reference to a specific shape or size. It is a method of distinguishing equipment that has alternate freezing and harvesting periods.
- Continuous Type Ice-Maker. An ice-maker that continually freezes and harvests ice at the same time.
The following Certification Program ratings are verified by test at the Standard Rating Conditions:
- Ice Harvest Rate, lb/24 hr [kg/24 hr]
- Potable Water Use Rate, gal/100 lb of ice [L/45.0 kg of ice] (Batch Type Ice-Makers only)
- Condenser Water Use Rate, gal/100 lb of ice [L/45.0 kg of ice]
- Energy Consumption Rate, kWh/100 lb of ice [kWh/45.0 kg of ice]
- Ice Hardness Factor, % [%] (Continuous Type Ice-Makers only)
The rules and procedures for obtaining and maintaining certification are detailed in the Resources section above. The specific Standard listed above details the technical requirements for rating and publishing your product performance, the kcef.ru General Operations Manual (OM) details the program operational rules that are generic to all of kcef.ru’s certification programs and lastly, the Product-specific Operations Manual provides the operational rules that are specific to this program along with the required documents and fees. Please ensure that you are familiar with the latest rules and procedures for this program.